WIN a weekend yacht charter or a single day skippered charter
Our headline sponsor Fairview Sailing is offering everyone the chance to WIN a weekend yacht charter or a single day skippered charter or a single day skippered charter
To enter just answer the following question in the Message section of the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of this page along with your Name, Email Address and Subject (enter competition).
How many Oceanis 37’s does Fairview offer?
Prize description - sailing date description, format and duration
Experience descriptions, (WIN a weekend Yacht Charter or single day skippered Solent Charter )format and timings are intended to present a general idea of the experience and shall not be considered binding. The Sailing Experience will include a briefing and safety induction and sailing. The experience will be “open” meaning that other members of the public will be taking part as well as yourself. The experience will be for the competition winner and there guests. The Sailing Experience will take place on mutually agreeable dates based up on Fairview Sailings (FVS) calander.
The date of the sailing experience is mutaually agreeable based upon the FVS calander. The experience is subject to weather conditions and as such may be cancelled or postponed at late notice. (As per FVS standard terms).
All participants must be over 18 years of age. Participants must be physically fit and may be refused access to the experience if suffering from medical/physical issues which would affect the safety of themselves and other participants. If you suffer from any physical or mental issues please check before participation in the experience.
The experience is offered in the UK, sailing to take place in the Solent, from Hamble. All costs of getting to and from the location are to be borne by the participant. (Winner).
Participants are to ensure they dress appropriately for the weather, wearing lots of layers and must ensure they wear clear rubber soled waterproof shoes. FVS will provide outer clothing for wet weather only.
If the sailing is cancelled by FVS either before or on the day of the event due to circumstances beyond their control, FVS will arrange to re-schedule the date, we will attempt to provide a date which is acceptable to all participants, however the amended date will be at the discretion of FVS alone. If the re-scheduled date is not acceptable to a participant they may with the approval of FVS transfer their Sailing Experience to a third party. FVS will not be liable for any costs incurred by a participant due to cancellation due to circumstances beyond their control. If a participant arrives late, misses or cancels their experience FVS has no obligation to re-organise or replace with another date and has no liability to any costs incurred by the participant.
Sailing a boat and water based activities in general are inherently hazardous sports with unforeseen dangers, in order to take part in the Sailing Experience you will be required to sign a disclaimer releasing FVS of any liability to you for loss or damage arising out of the activity, other than in respect of death or personal injury directly resulting from FVS negligence. FVS indemnify participants against damage to the boat and its equipment.
1. Employees of FVS or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
3. After 28th July 2017 entries to the competition may be accepted but will not be eligible to win.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. Entry into this competition implies consent to receive future email communication from Fairview Sailing & The Northern & Western Boat Shows (every email sent will include an unsubscribe option).
6. The winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not accept the prize within 48 hours, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
7. FVS reserve the right to amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and the company's standard terms and conditions of businesses .Should the winner take a bare boat yacht charter a damage deposit will be required by the company and suitable references sort certifying experience .If the winner opts for the one day skippered charter prize, neither a security deposit or reference will be required.
10. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
11. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any other third party without the entrant’s prior consent.